Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Big Man Took My Ball

Willems, M. (2013). A big guy took my ball>. New York, NY:Hyperion Books for Children.

Piggie is devastated because a big guy took a ball away from him. He comes to Gerald, the elephant, to tell him what had happened. Immediately Gerald goes to try to get Piggie's ball back, but realizes that the one who took the ball is a giant whale. It turns out that the ball actually belonged to the lonely whale. In the end, the three find a way for all of them to have fun. Young readers will love to see the talking elephant, pig, and a whale in this story. In his book, Willems uses simple illustrations for early readers to enjoy. He uses shades of blue and pink to color his pencil drawn characters. The large font make the text easy to read.

If you liked A Big Guy took my Ball, you're sure to enjoy Mo Willem's collection of early readers.  Here is a short list of more Gerald and Piggie books. Today I will Fly! I am Invited to a Party! I Love my New toy! Pigs Make me Sneeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment